“I had become pretty disillusioned with the industry as a whole,” said Fin. “I wasn’t happy with either common industry practises or the reputation it seemed to be content with after decades of indiscriminate rodenticide use and being portrayed as nothing more than exterminators.”
Fin had an idea that a much greener, more environmentally friendly form of pest control could be practised and still get the job done.
“That’s the premise behind Bird And Pest Southwest. We treat wildlife with respect, whilst still putting in place effective pest control with the emphasis on exclusion rather than destruction.
Better to have a pest proof premises than a building continually troubled by pest activity.”
Today, Bird And Pest Southwest offers a comprehensive range of proactive bird and pest control services, including natural methods such as the use of birds of prey to move on troublesome bird colonies, the application of organic pesticides and the responsible, environmentally aware use of rodenticides.
Experience and Accreditation
Bird & Pest Southwest has over 20 years experience in the Pest Control industry working in both urban and rural locations.
- We are members of Member of British Pest Control Association (BPCA).
- Member of the Basis Prompt scheme to ensure on-going and up to date training in all aspects of pest control, it’s applications and the law.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) registered.
- LANTRA qualified Falconer.
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Pest Management.
- Hold IPAF License to operate mobile verical and mobile boom elevating work platforms.
- Soon to have Safe Contractor and Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use accreditations.
- Member of the Safe Contractor Accreditation Scheme
- Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use